I’ve been beating this drum for a while, but there’s a reason that I do. The money is in the list. What do I mean by this?
Well, your list of contacts, customers and prospects will be where you extract the most revenue for your business over time. The reason our Bar Management Websites grow and attract new members is that we regularly sign up interested visitors to our email list. Over time, they either like what we offer and become a paying customer or they simply remain in our list or unsubscribe.
Either way, it’s a cheap and time efficient way of pitching to your potential customers.
But consider this: Your marketing spend each week in the newspaper or radio or through flyers might be reaching the same people over and over again. In fact, if your marketing remains the same, then those receiving your message almost certainly remains the same too!
If your marketing has been successful, then a portion of those pitched to, will have become customers. What are you doing to attract these customers back? How are you differentiating your marketing?
Here’s what you should be doing:
- Give customers as many opportunities as possible to give you their email address or mobile phone number.
- Ask them to add you as friends on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, MySpace, Bebo.
- Run exclusive special offers/competitions for those on your list or to encourage those to join your list. (see the pic below)
- Segment this list into special interests.
- Every time you want to fill the bar, you start by contacting your list. Measure the results and you might find that as your list grows, your responses grow and you can reduce your traditional marketing spend.
Apologies for poor quality (taken with my iPhone…), but you get the idea, offer as many opportunities as possible to grow your list.